The summer season is upon us and it is time to start buying accessories and items to have fun in the water!
Going out on the water is one of the best things you can do in the summer and there are plenty of activities that are going to provide some of the most fun you’ve ever had.
While many people want to go kayaking or hop in a canoe, one of the most popular summer water activities right now is paddle boarding—even more so it is stand-up paddle boarding. This is an activity that not only is a lot of fun to do but is also fantastic for your health!
The main reason for this is that it engages your core, and enhances your ability to balance. On top of that, many people decide to do yoga out on a paddle board, as it is the perfect way to blend relaxation with balance techniques.
There are so many stand-up paddle boards on the market right now and it can be difficult to know which one to buy. Today we have created a stand-up paddle board buying guide that you can refer to when shopping for a board.
Buying guide for the best stand-up paddle boards
When buying a stand-up paddle board, you must first find one that has been durably designed. You need one that is made of high-quality material that is puncture and ding proof. By doing this, the board will be worth the money.
It is also important to find one that is smooth to stand and sit on, and that simply glides along the water. The longer the board is, the more people you can fit on it. Also, try to find one that can hold at least up to 200 lbs.
A few examples.
Below we have listed a few examples of some of the best stand-up paddle boards on the market right now. We believe all of them are some of the best, so if you are looking elsewhere compare it to one of these.
Tower Paddle Boards iSUP Package Adventurer 2
- Features an all new design that is equipped with a front bungee, and also carrying handles on both the nose and the tail
- Extra easy to carry it around
- A paddle, fin, and pump all made of fiberglass
- Durably made
- Great warranty
- Competitively priced
May discourage beginners as it is wobbly
ISLE Airtech Inflatable 11′ Explorer Stand Up Paddle Board
- This paddle board has been made using military-grade PVC, making it extremely strong and durable
- There will be no unwanted dings or damage done to the board itself, when carrying it around
- Comes with the ISLE Surf and SUP 30-day money-back guarantee, giving you a risk-free period of 30 days should anything go wrong
- 30-day trial period
- Fantastic warranty
- Made using high-grade PVC
A bit slow
Vilano Journey Inflatable SUP Stand up Paddle Board Kit
- Bungee cord on the front deck allows you to store things while out on the water
- Comes with the inflatable board, a pump with a pressure gauge, a 3-piece paddle made of aluminum, a removable strap and a backpack for carrying
- Competitively priced
- Easy to carry around
- Comes with a backpack and carry strap
- Very rigid and durable
Hard for beginners to get a grip
We hope you have enjoyed our stand-up paddle board buying guide. If you have any questions, reach out to a professional at your local store, or check the internet for available forums to pose your questions to the experienced.
The main piece of advice we can give to you is that when you first purchase one, take it out in a safe area with someone around you until you get the hang of paddle boarding. On top of that, even if you keep falling down, you’ve got to keep getting back up! This is so important to master the art of paddle boarding!
On top of that, even if you keep falling down, you’ve got to keep getting back up! This is so important to master the art of paddle boarding!