Write for us. Use our guest post guidelines and tell us your unique stories…
Surfersandpaddlers.com helps paddle-based watersports enthusiasts and newbies access relevant information that is helpful in enjoying these sports.
Through original, in-depth content, we aim to help our readers make sense of the myriad of information and products related to surfing and other paddle-based sports.
We publish content produced by our in-house team, and guest posts by experts and enthusiasts also.
If you’d like to guest post on Surfers & Paddlers, please read these guidelines before sending in your submission
We look for posts that are well researched, and are factually accurate content. Although we write for an audience of sports enthusiasts, the tips/advice we provide is always easy to follow.
When you write for us, make sure you back up any information with research, data and quotes, attributed to trusted sources.
Usually 1,500+ words will suffice but we also welcome longer, well written articles also. We will not consider posts with less than 1,500 words.
Include images of anything that your article aims to convey (screenshots are fine).
We will not publish clickbait or promotional posts, nor will we include a sales driven call to action at the end of your article.
Most of our readers are watersports enthusiasts who expect actionable and helpful information.
These are good examples:
Guest Post Guidelines
To improve your chances of success, please do the following:
- Use the search box on the website to make sure we haven’t covered your topic already. We are keenly interested in posts that fill gaps in our content, or present a unique angle on an already covered topic
- Read a few posts on our site to get a feel for the voice and tone we use.
- We only consider original content. We reserve the right to edit and adapt your guest post content as we see fit, as well as update it in the future for accuracy. Furthermore, we reserve the right to inculde calls-to-action to SurfersandPaddlers.com content.
- Topics should be informational, conveying valuable how-to content (practical advice, actionable tips and useful know-how) in a fresh, friendly voice.
- Outbound Links: We permit 1-2 dofollow links in the content. If you have a byline, it must be a nofollow link. We also require plenty of additional outbound dofollow links to a variety of other sites as references.
- Internal Links: We require 3 to 8 or more internal links to related posts on our site. Please find the posts you want to link to.
- Headings should use h-tags (h2, h3, h4 tags).
As we are a lean team, we don’t have the resources to support you with editorial revisions. Hence, we only accept submissions on spec, and we reserve the right to decline a submission for publication.
How To Submit a Guest Post
To submit your guest post, please email it as a Word or Google Docs attachment only to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Along with your guest post, make sure to include:
- Links to other content you have published
- A short bio (max 50 words)
- Your gravatar email or username
- Use the phrase: “Grey GPS Navigator” in the subject line of your email to us
If your submission is successful, we will get back to you within two weeks. If you haven’t heard back from us after three (3) weeks, chances are that we were unable to proceed with your post. Please note that we do not give feedback on every submitted guest post